For such a demanding job as moving, having a checklist is crucial. It can better guide you and make your process stress free.
Whether you are the business owner or a member of staff, if you get designated for this job, you should know the golden rules for a successful office move planning.
That is why we’ve compiled a comprehensive office move checklist for a no-stress relocation. Do not forget to follow these points before calling a furniture removal service in London.
Tasks To Perform Before Calling For A Furniture Removal Service For A Successful Office Move!
How to Prepare and Organise for the Office Move?
- Inform about the office relocation at least one month before colleagues and be ready to answer questions.
- Do not forget to inform business partners and business clients.
- Make a list of the office furniture and items.
- Think carefully about what is needed to move and what is to get left or sold or thrown out.
- Hire a prolific furniture removal service in London in advance so there are no last-minute surprises.
- Create an internal plan to avoid the hassle.
- Make a folder for all moving records – it may have documents, invoices, receipts, inventory lists, etc.
- Book a schedule for IT relocation.
- Get in touch with the new building and the security system passwords.
- Ensure your new office will be ready on time so you can move in quickly.
- Have an IT team to back up all digital data.
1 Week Before the Moving Day
- Hire professionals for end-of-lease cleaning.
- Distribute keys/cards/passwords for the new location to specific employees.
- Disconnect significant appliances – fridge, boiler.
- Start wiping the trash and unnecessary items out.
On the Moving Day
- Make sure that everyone follows safety procedures.
- Before sending the moving vans to your new property, walk through the office and check everything has been loaded.
- Leave keys for the old property.
The Final Thought!
Need to hire a furniture removal service in London? You can consider someone reliable in the market. Our removal vans are spacious. And trained removalists take care of all your furniture during the process. You can go through our other blogs to make yourself more informed.